I’m still here. Honestly, that’s about all I’ve got for this post. At least, that’s why I’m writing. Well, to tell the truth, the SPAM needed to be jettisoned. Which meant I needed to log in. Which resulted in having to look up the password. Which resulted in a whole heap of sadness. Which resulted in me really wanted to plant a sad little flag back in the ground over here.
But, the flag really doesn’t need to be sad. In fact, it’s a pretty awesome flag. Let’s review a quick list of changes since last I wrote:
- I’ve moved. New state, new house, new community, new life. On the whole, this has been very, very much needed. Were it not for some now-faraway and sorely missed friends, and a little niggling bit of sadness over our leaving behind and loved and cared for house, there would be nothing I’d really miss about our life of 2 months ago.
- I’ve got a new job. And I’m remembering how awesome life can be when you love and are totally inspired by your job and the people you work with.
- I’ve got a stay-at-home husband. Not gonna lie, that’s been bumpy, but we’re managing. I’m gaining weight at a rapid clip thanks to his incredible cooking (both a pro and a con there, no?), and N’s been healthy(ish) for a good while thanks to the absence of daycare yuck. Though, I also think he’s getting a little stir crazy… judging by the fact that he runs to me when I walk in the front door holding his shoes and shouting “owside! owside! owside!”
- I’ve got a toddler. N’s running, and talking, and tantruming, and overall being a fully formed (if somewhat psychotic) little human. 20 months is equal parts captivating and horrifying.
- I’ve still got a marriage. And, oh Lord, the work that that has taken. Let’s just leave that at that for now, shall we?
So, I’m here. Are you?